For only $35 you will gain access to all workshops, readings, and other events PLUS a 10% discount on tickets for full productions! Passes will be mailed to the address you provide or can be held at The State Theatre to be picked up during the days of the festival (June 22-24).
Performances & Readings
Backstage Pass holders can attend any of the performances & readings listed below with their Backstage Pass*. For all other ticketed events (T), Backstage Pass holders receive 10% off the ticket price.
- Boundless Bodies & Nittany Ballet in Concert
- Centre Dance Showcase
- Collage: TrioArts
- Dear Friend: The Letters of John & Abigail Adams with Laura & Mike Waldhier, and Carrie & Paul Marcinkevage
- Fear and Misery in the Third Reich with Open Music
- Fest Playwriting Competition Readings
- I’d Like to Be Seven Again with State High Thespians
- Ivyside Dance Ensemble
- Love Letters with Cathy & Jeff Brown, Sarah Mason & Terry Flynn, and Heidi & Rich Beiver
- Member Showcase – featuring the founding members of the Fest!
- New Beginnings with MindBodyDanceArt
- Poetry in Performance including readings by Jim Colbert, Marjorie Maddox, Stuart Marshall, and Camille-Yvette Welsch
- A Train Across Ukraine featuring Michael Bernosky
- Under Milk Wood by The Next Stage Theatre, Inc.
- Variety Showcase with local performers!
Workshops & Classes
Backstage Pass Holders can take any workshop that they like!*
- Acting 101 with Tempest Productions
- The Actor Prepares: Actor Warm-Up with Tempest Productions
- Acting Techniques with Tempest Productions
- Ballet Master Class with Karen Stoner, CPDW
- Intro to Argentine Tango
- Intro to Ballet with Karen Stoner, CPDW
- Intro to Egyptian Belly Dancing with Shannon Bishop, Black Cat Belly Dance
- Intro to Improv Theater with Happy Valley Improv
- Intro to Improv Theater Family Workshop with Happy Valley Improv
- Intro to Script Analysis with Jo Wadsworth, Tempest Productions
- Laban Technique for Actors with Mark Gallagher, Tempest Productions
- Mask Making with the Art Alliance
- Monologue/Dialogue Writing with Mary Rohrer-Dann, Tempest Productions
- Monologue Prep with Mark Gallagher, Tempest Productions
- Movement for the Actor with Cynthia Mazzant, Tempest Productions
- Musical Theatre Dance with Jill Brighton, CPDW
- Old Time Radio (You Take the Stage) with Randy Maggiore & Lissa Ramirez, Tempest Productions
- Playwriting 101 with Mary Rohrer-Dann, Tempest Productions
- Performing Poetry with Tempest Productions
- Reader’s Theatre (You Take the Stage) with Randy Maggiore & Lissa Ramirez, Tempest Productions
- Shakespeare for Young Actors with Roxy Arrojo, Randy Maggiore, Tempest Productions
- Shakesperience! (You Take the Stage) with Tempest Productions
- Shakescenes (You Take the Stage) with Tempest Productions
- Speaking Through Dance with Boundless Bodies & Nittany Ballet
- Yes, You Can Tap Dance! (Intro) with Sarah Mason
- Yes, You Can Tap Dance! (Advanced) with Sarah Mason
- Designing: Visual Language of Theatre
- Drag Bingo
- Green Rooms
- Talking About Dance
- The Raven Rave Dance Party
*All events are First Come as seating is limited in certain venues.
Check the schedules and description pages for complete details. Schedule is subject to change without notice.