Submissions are closed for the 2022 Festival. Congrats to the Finalists!
Central PA Playwriting Competition One Act Finalists
Peter Hardy, Kissing Jennifer in the Moonlight
Emily McCain. Summertime 1953
John Shea, Intervention
Ronald Beaumont, Suspension of Disbelief
John Patrick Bray, St. John of Suburbia
Luke Herzog, The Nonsense Club, Pulling the Switch
James Holder, Seven Dresses
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2023 FESTIVAL will open in early September. DEADLINE for 2023 submissions: In our inbox 11:59 p.m., March 15, 2023.
- One-Act Submissions must have a performance time of no less than 30 minutes and no more than 45 minutes.
- Submit 2 pdf files: Script in PDF Format and Title Page/Author Document in PDF Format
- Script in PDF Format: Scripts will only be accepted via electronic submissions in PDF format, with the exact title of the play as the name of the PDF. No identifying information should be included in this file. Scripts must be typed in 12 pt font with appropriately marked page numbers.
- Title Page/Author Document: Writer name and contact information must be on the title document only.
- There is a $15 submission fee for each submission to cover processing costs.
- Due to the volume of scripts, we are unable to comment on any submissions.
- Postmark / email deadline is March 15, 2022. No submissions will be accepted past that date.
- Play must not have had a prior production, although those work-shopped before non-paying audiences are acceptable.
- Published plays are not eligible.
- Musicals are not accepted.
- Scripts not meeting the criteria will be rejected.
Step 1: Submit Payment Below:
One-Act Play Submission
Step 2: Fill out online form and submit your Script PDF and Title Page / Author PDF
QUESTIONS: Email with the subject line PLAYWRITING QUESTION. You will receive notification once we have received all materials (script & payment.)